In 2013 the ALPAGE project published a book from the work presented at the June 2010 concluding symposium:
Noizet, B. Bove, L. Costa (dir.), Paris de parcelles en pixels. Analyse géomatique de l’espace parisien médiéval et moderne, éd. Presses universitaires de Vincennes-Comité d’histoire de la Ville de Paris, Paris, 2013, 354 p.
The book is composed of two parts:
– The first part explains the methodology used to reconstruct the oldest Parisian plot map into a GIS;
– The second part presents the first historical results benefiting from spatial data analysis (historical topography, socio-economic history of Paris, urban morphology, etc.).
A short interview with Boris Bove conducted by FR3 during the ‘Futur en Seine’ digital festival (June 2013) provides a synopsis of the work accomplished during the project.
Below are the reviews and articles that have appeared in the press:
- June 2013: review in Géomatique expert;
- June 2013: review in Géomètre;
- July 2013: review in M@ppemonde by Clarisse Didelon;
- July 2013: article in the Parisien;
- August 2013: review by the journal Études foncières by Frédéric Rousseaux;
- October 2013: review in Géocarrefourby André Buisson;
- December 2013 : review by Revue archéologique du Centre de la Franceby Xavier Rodier
- December 2013: review in Revue archéologique du Centre de la France by Xavier Rodier.