Associated research laboratories
The following research laboratories have worked on the ALPAGE project between 2006 and 2010:
- Laboratoire de Médiévistique Occidentale de Paris (LAMOP), Paris 1, project director, comprised of historians, specialists in urban history and digital tools: Hélène Noizet, Pascal Chareille, Alain Dallo, Georges-Xavier Blary;
- LIttoral ENvironment and Societies (LIENSs), La Rochelle, with geographers specialised in geomatics: Frédéric Pouget, Frédéric Rousseaux, Anne-Laure Bethe, Alain Layec;
- Archéologies et Sciences de l’Antiquité (ArScAn), Nanterre, bringing together archaeologists and geomaticians specialised in GIS and in the archaeology of the Parisian region (Ile-de-France): Laurent Costa, Sandrine Robert, Brigitte Boissavit-Camus;
- Laboratoire Informatique, Image et Interaction (L3i), La Rochelle, bringing together computer scientists specialised in pattern recognition and vectorisation: Romain Raveaux, Jean-Marc Ogier, Jean-Christophe Burie, Alain Bouju, Karell Bertet.
The members of the institutions designated below have produced historical data during the phase of the project funded by the ANR:
- Institut de Recherche et d’Histoire des Textes (IRHT): Caroline Bourlet, medievalist historian specialised in the economic and social history of Paris;
- Centre de topographie parisienne des Archives nationales: Yoann Brault, modernist historian specialised in Parisian topography;
- Université de Paris 4: Véronique Soulay, medievalist archaeologist specialised in the religious topography of Paris;
- Université de Paris 8: Boris Bove, medievalist historian specialised in the economic and social history of Paris;
- French Mapping Agency (IGN) – Laboratoire COGIT: Eric Grosso, computer scientist specialised in geomatics.
Numerous maps and plans were generously made available or have been subject to agreed exchanges with the following institutions:
- Paris Urban Planning Agency (APUR): current plots and 19th century plans georeferenced or non-georeferenced (shapefiles, rasters);
- Archives départementales de Paris and the Archives nationales (maps and plans department): P. Vasserot’s cadastre by urban block (rasters);
- Ville de Paris, Direction de l’Urbanisme, ‘action foncière’ division, Service de la Topographie et de la Documentation Foncière (STDF): 19th century georeferenced or non-georeferenced plans (rasters, shapefiles);
- Bibliothèque historique de la ville de Paris (BHVP): 19th century expropriation plans (black and white prints);
- Service départemental archéologique du Val d’Oise (SDAVO): 19th century georeferenced plans (shapefiles);
- Institut national de recherches archéologiques préventives (INRAP, M. Belarbi, P. Raymond): plans by Berty (shapefiles).
The following institutions have supported us financially between 2006 and 2010: